Oatmeal with greek yogurt: the easiest, healthiest and quickest breakfast! Don't believe it? Well, try it!
Most famous recipe from Healthy Little Cravings blog: incredible but true, most clicked ever. An easy-peasy oatmeal with Greek yogurt topped with superfoods: seeds, fruit, chocolate and other.
Greek yogurt is an amazing source of protein. Don't worry though: if you are vegan you can use soy yogurt, that generally has 4 gr of proteins/100 gr of product.
When I prepare oatmeal, I love cooking it in water or milk/soy milk (or any other plant milk: almonds', hazelnuts'...) then enrich it with superfoods like chia seeds, berries, cocoa powder or others.
But when I want extra protein I add Greek yogurt (or soy's): DELISH.
You'll see in the recipe below, I've listed all the kind of toppings you can use: just have "fun" and experiment!
Oatmeal with Greek Yogurt is already the favorite breakfast of hundreds of my readers, let me know if you'll fall in love!
OATMEAL WITH GREEK YOGURT
- 60 gr Oats
- 180 gr Water
- some spoonfuls Greek yogurt
- a pinch Salt
The choose among:
- Vanilla extract, cocoa powder, fruit, fruit puree, dried fruit, goji berries, cocoa nibs, chocolate...
- Nut butters: almonds', peanuts', pistachios... - di arachidi, di pistacchio...
- Seeds: chia, flaxseeds, hemp...
- Coconut oil/butter
- Sweetener (optional)
- To make this oatmeal with greek yogurt you'll have to bring water and oats together to a boil, keep stirring.
- When it boils, let cook for 5 minutes. When ready, top with greek or soy yogurt.
- Top with whatever you like: chocolate and PB, vanilla, coffee etc
- If you want to sweeten, use a ripe banana, agave/dates/maple syrup, honey...