Were you looking for a nutritious snack? Then these healthy and easy baked beetroot chips are perfect!
Writing this post while snacking on these amazing baked beetroot chips is PERFECTION!
Remember a while ago – in this post – I told you that I don’t meal plan except for when I spend the week with my boyfriend? Well, I have now decided that it’s time to meal plan for real.
I told you that I usually spend all morning working on my projects, then when lunch comes it catches me unaware. I no longer want to be disorganized. Being disorganized means sometimes I eat less than I should or I eat “unbalanced”. You know that balance – together with high quality ingredients – is my main “concern” when it comes to healthy eating.
I’ve just finished reading “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” by Marie Kondo (I loved it) and I think this is the reason why I’ve now decided to tidy up also other aspects of my life. And healthy eating is one of them.
I want everyone to try these EASY baked beetroot chips
What was that premise about? Well, yesterday I took some time – about 30 minutes – to plan aaaaaaaall my meals for the week. Since eating veggies doesn’t come naturally to me, I started with them first. I checked the seasonal calendars online and I wrote down all the veggies I want to have these days.
Then proteins, fats and carbs. Easier than I thought. Nothing too fancy, no elaborate meals. Easier is better.
Speaking of meal plan, healthy eating etc: in my plan I also included snacks (duh).
I swear this is a life-changing snack! I had some beetroots in the fridge and I thought ‘Ok, why not transforming them into chips instead of grating them into my salad?’.
Now I cannot help but eating them as a mid-morning (or mid-afternoon) snack. One chips leads to another!
Perfect for kids too!
My audience is between 25-34 years old so there’s a chance you have kids. Well, let me tell you: these easy baked beetroot chips are perfect for them. They take a few minutes to make and they’re super nutritious. Waaaaay better than the processed snacks you can find at the grocery store.
While I was taking the photos, my youngest nephew started stealing them from the baking tray. At first, I thought he was going to spit them, but then he kept asking for more (true story). I’m so happy when this happens.
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links which means I make a commission off of the links with no additional cost to you.
HEALTHY BEETROOT CHIPS
- 700 gr Beetroots
- a pinch Salt
- Approximately 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar - optional
- Preheat your oven at 150°C (approximately 300°F) fan-assisted.
- Clean your beetroots very well under running water, then dry them off.
- Cut the tops then slice them thinly using a mandolin. Mine were 1.5 mm (I used a meat slicer because I had the chance).
- In a bowl, place your beetroot slices and season with vinegar, oil and salt. Toss well. Let them sit for about 20 minutes or until the beets' liquid comes out (then drain it).
- Line three baking trays with parchment paper and lay the slices in a single layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until dried.