In this post you will find the recipe for the most delicious and crunchy buckwheat granola!
Ok, I'll be honest with you (even if I always am!). It's Friday, late afternoon, it's super hot here in Italy (30 Celsius), I'm sprawled on the couch - and yes I am writing this post - and the only thing I would love to do is go outside to celebrate my oldest nephew's birthday party. But I'm here. Writing. Because I love you guys and I love my website!
Also, I shot alllll day long and I didn't have time to sit and write, so I have to catch up. No big deal, I know, I hear you saying 'Don't complain, Roby!'
So I'll be brief...
I'm just going to introduce you this delicious crunchy buckwheat granola briefly.
As I probably mentioned before, I absolutely adore experimenting and trying new ingredients. For some reasons, I've never tried buckwheat groats though! I've always seen them on the grocery store's shelves, they seem so cute! But never bought them. So last week I decided to give them a chance.
I've made some research to understand how to treat them ('to cook or not to cook?') and then I decided to make them in a sweet version by caramelizing them in the oven.
I paired these two typical Sicilian flavors: lemon and almonds, to give this "granola" a fresh flavor but a high nutritional value! Know what I mean?
No more words to say, this crunchy buckwheat granola is just the perfect way to start the day, and you want to start it right?
#getminimal challenge, calling all the food photographers
From June 1st to 10th (2018), @twolovesstudio is hosting a challenge on Instagram and I've decided to join! Rachel - I love her and her photography - challenged us food photographers to use 0,1, max 2 props and focus on the food! The pic above is an example! Visit her profile for all the details and mine (@healthylittlecravings) for all the minimal photos!
CRUNCHY BUCKWHEAT GRANOLA
- 150 gr Raw buckwheat groats
- 1 Organic lemon - ( juice and zest )
- 30 gr Brown sugar - or more
- 20 gr Almonds
- 50 gr Almond meal
- 2 tablespoons Hemps seeds - optional
- a pinch Salt
- Soak your buckwheat groats in the fridge overnight or even for one day. If possible (unless you're sleeping!) change the water at least once.
- Preheat the oven at 200 Celsius.
- Drain your buckwheat groats and place them in a hot pan to make the water evaporate. After a couple of minutes turn off the heat and put them into a bowl.
- Add the almond meal, chopped almonds and a pinch of salt. Slightly stir.
- Zest the lemon over the buckwheat + almond meal + almonds.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and lemon juice, then add it to the granola.For an extra nutritious option, add some hemp seeds.
- Spread it out over a lined baking tray and cook for 30 minutes. REMEMBER TO STIR A COUPLE OF TIMES to prevent burning.Lastly, to make it crunchier, bake for other 10 minutes with convection oven.
- Let it cool down. Store it in a airtight container.