In this post you will find the post for this amazing asparagus avocado pesto pasta. Don't miss out!
You guys, first let me introduce you GINA from Healthy Little Vittles! So excited to have her here on my website. I e-met Gina thanks to Sarah's Broma Bakery food photography course. I'm so grateful for this!
Gina is a certified health coach, recipe developer, food photographer and blogger based in Columbus, Ohio, creating gluten-free, vegan, plant-based recipes that take 30-minutes or less to prepare.
You can find her recipes and read more about her health journey on her Healthy Little Vittles blog.
Pasta is just one of those go-to staples
It’s easy and filling, and you can be as creative with them as you want! The pasta combo possibilities are endless!
Essentially you can pair almost anything in pasta for a hardy, delicious lunch or dinner. When I went gluten-free, at first my pasta game went way down. Pasta was just one of those things that I was so sad to give up, as an Italian, me and pasta, we’re pretty tight, you see. But thankfully gluten-free pasta has come a very long way! Made from rice, corn, quinoa, chickpeas, beans, I mean- you name it! I also love that pasta has some nutritional value and added protein that way too. It’s kinda like a win-win!
asparagus avocado pesto pasta
So deciding on what kind of pasta to make this time around, I decided to see what was currently trending, and you guys are loving asparagus right now! I have to admit that I like asparagus but I don’t buy it that often… I’m not really sure why, so thank you for making me buy it for this Asparagus Avocado Pesto Pasta recipe! As it’s starting to get warmer out, I think I will definitely be buying it more.
I don’t know about you, but I put avocado in/on everything, so it’s no surprise that it ended up in this pesto recipe. It makes this pasta creamy and rich and oh so delish!
About the pesto sauce...
The pesto sauce is made up of asparagus, parsley, avocado, olive oil, vegan parmesan cheese, lime juice, garlic and salt. That’s it! You simply steam the asparagus, then combine it in your blender/food processor with all the other ingredients and you have yourself a yummy pesto for your pasta! I used a chickpea pasta in this recipe, but feel free to try other gluten-free pastas. And only requiring 20 minutes to prepare, you can have a healthy + nutritious meal and get back outside doing the things you love!
I hope you love this recipe, if you do, head on over to my Healthy Little Vittles Blogfor more! I would also love to connect with you on Instagram and Facebook. As always I wish you…
Asparagus Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic - (2 cloves)
- ½ cup walnuts - (alternatively you can use pine nuts)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese - [vegan]
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 avocado
- basil, avocado, asparagus, hempseed, parmesan cheese
- Cut your washed asparagus into thirds and place into a large skillet with ¼ cup water.
- Steam your asparagus over medium heat until soft (about 12-15 minutes)
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place all other pesto ingredients into your food processor/blender and blend until smooth.
- When the asparagus is soft, add that to the food processor and blend that into the pesto until smooth
- **NOTE: if you want to have some asparagus pieces left, leave these out to serve on top of your pasta
- Drain your pasta and then place back into the saucepan/skillet. Add the pesto and stir to combine
- **NOTE: you may have leftover pesto.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy!
Wow! I would never in a million years consider making an asparagus pesto, but the possibilities with it would be endless!
I only just discovered your blog through FoodGawker, but your images are sublime! I can't wait to try some more of your recipes, especially if they are as creative as this!
Aw Kylie you are SO SWEET! Thanks a lot! Gonna check out your website! =)
P.S. in this post only the last photo is mine, check the recipe on healthylittlevittles blog!=)