PUMPKIN SPICE MUFFINS
Delicious and healthy pumpkin spice muffins easy recipe. Ideal for your Halloween!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 10 muffins
- 50 gr Oil
- 50 gr Raw brown sugar
- a few drops Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs (at room temperature)
- 300 gr Pumpkin puree
- 120 gr Organic all purpose flour
- a teaspoon or more Cinnamon
- a pinch Salt
- one teaspoon Baking powder
- half a teaspoon Baking soda
- half a teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 90 gr Cream cheese (I've used low fat)
- one teaspoon Icing sugar (optional)
Preheat your oven at 170°C.
Start by whisking - using a hand mixer - the oil, vanilla extract and brown sugar until you obtain a smooth and creamy mixture. It won't be creamy as if you beat sugar and butter, it'll be more liquid.
Add the eggs and whisk again, then combine together the pumpkin puree.
Sift the flour with salt and cinnamon, and gradually add it to the mixture. Stir with a spatula until you have no clumps.
Finally, add baking powder, baking soda and half a teaspoon of vinegar (on top of your baking soda so it forms bubbles). Stir.
Fill muffin tin (or fluted paper cases) 3/4 full.
Mix cream cheese and icing sugar and a top each muffin with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture (use a toothpick to swirl it).
Bake for about 40/45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool onto a cooling rack.
Store in the fridge.