Learn HOW TO MAKE THE CRISPIEST POTATOES
(with one secret ingredient)
What you'll need:
– 400 gr Potatoes
– 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
– Rosemary, Sage, Garlic powder
– Black pepper
To boil the potatoes:
– 4 gr Baking soda
– 25 gr Salt
How to make them, step-by-step:
1. Rinse and scrub the potatoes, then chop them.
You can also peel them (I like the skin)
2. Bring up a large pot of water to a boil and add salt and baking soda. When it boils, throw the potatoes in.
Pierce them to check if they’re ready: they are when the knife meets some resistance.
VERY important step:
Drain and let them chill into the pot for a minute so the excess steam goes away. This is another key phase.
3. Heat some oil with minced sage and rosemary and let it “infuse” for a couple of minutes.
Add garlic powder. Turn off the heat.
4. Preheat oven to 220° C (430° F).
5. Place potatoes in a large bowl, add the infused oil, salt and pepper then toss. THIS IS KEY for crispiness.
6. Spread out potatoes in a single layer and bake for 25 minutes.
7. After 25 minutes lightly shake the tray and turn potatoes. Bake for 25/30 minutes more or until golden brown.
Here are some tips for you:
- SERVE IMMEDIATELY: these potatoes are delicious when fresh out of the oven!
-Get creative with the combination of spices!
For more tips and tricks and many other recipes,visit
Healthy Little Cravings