Bored of the "same old" cinnamon rolls? Try these CINNAMON PUMPKIN ROLLS WITH BOURBON PECANS! You will fall in love!
For the dough: – ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Light brown sugar - 40 g – 2.5 teaspoons Dry yeast - 5 g – ¾ cup Lukewarm milk - 150 g – ½ cup Pumpkin purée - 100 g – Ground cinnamon (optional)
– 1 tbsp Bourbon-infused vanilla extract (or regular vanilla extract) – 3.5 cups Bread flour - 430 g – 1 tsp Salt – 1 Egg (use just half) - at room temperature – ¼ cup + 1 tbsp Softened unsalted butter - 70 g
For the pecans you will need: – ¼ cup Bourbon - 40 g – 1 tablespoon Light brown sugar – ½ cup Chopped pecans - 45 g
For the filling: – 5 tbsps Softened unsalted butter - 75 gr – ½ cup Light brown sugar - 60 g – 1 tbsp Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp All-purpose flour + "marinated" pecans The other half of the egg to brush
HOW TO: Dough: – Combine lukewarm milk, yeast and sugar. Let it chill for about 5 minutes.
– Activate the stand mixer at low speed. Then add pumpkin purée and vanilla extract (and cinnamon, if you want)
– Mix flour and salt and gradually add it to the stand mixer. When you added ⅔ of the flour, add softened butter one piece at a time and let incorporate. – Add half of the egg and let incorporate. Add remaining flour. Knead for about 8-10 minutes.
Marinated pecans: – In a small pan, toast chopped pecans. – Into a jar, add toasted pecans, bourbon and sugar. Shake for a few seconds then let marinate for 1.5 hours (or more!)
For the rolls: – Prepare the filling: into a small bowl combine butter, sugar, cinnamon and flour, stir until creamy. – When the fluffy dough has double, gently deflate it with your hands. Roll it out on a floured surface, into a 50 x 35 cm rectangle (20 x 14 inches). – Strain the pecans from their liquid.
– Spread the filling then add the chopped marinated pecans all over. – Tightly roll up the dough (starting from the longer side). Use a bread knife or dental floss to divide the rolls (you should get about 24 of them)
– Arrange them on 2 lined baking sheets, let them proof for about 30 minutes. Bake – Preheat the oven to 200°C (390° F). BAKE
For more tips, tricks and many other recipes, visit Healthy Little Cravings
For food photography inspiration, follow me on Instagram @healthylittlecravings