This post is also available in: Italiano
This white beans hummus with no tahini will become your go-to lunch as well!
When life gives you chickpeas, blend them with a few simple ingredients and make some hummus! What if life doesn’t give you chickpeas? Then use some delicious white beans.
You know how much I love chickpeas, right? In every possible way: hummus-ized like in this recipe, crunchy-ized like these right here… I swear I could live eating chickpeas.
We’re not here to talk about them today though. NOPE. Because this recipe has anything but chickpeas (how many times did I say ‘chickpeas’?).
A delicious hummus made with…
Straight to the point: say hi to your new favorite quick recipe, white beans hummus! The idea to use this kind of legume instead of classic chickpeas came from Pinterest.
Pinterest is an amazing source of inspiration and, believe it or not, to me it’s the main one. I spend a lot of time pinning photos on different boards and group boards (useful to increase traffic, dear bloggers fellas) and sometimes I find amazing meals ideas. In fact, I’ve got a whole [secret] board called “recipes ideas / blog”. This obviously doesn’t mean that I’ll copy those recipes, instead I’ll develop my own versions.
This hummus variant, my friends, is super YUMMY and easy to make.
I wanted something “Mediterranean inspired”, so I decided to season my white beans hummus with Sicilian sun-dried tomatoes, oregano and cumin seeds (just a few because I don’t go nuts for them).
Oh and I wanted some crunchiness on top. What’s better than healthy carrot chips then? Just delicious. You’re lucky: two recipes in one today!
A small chitchat before leaving you…
I wanted to update you on my morning routine and “mindfulness journey”.
I’ve been following my morning routine for more than one year, with ups and downs. During these months, I kept using my Five Minute Journal to daily write down what I am grateful for. It wasn’t enough anymore though.
So, on November 1 I started my own Bullet Journal, primarily to have more freedom. Well, I’m LOVING it! If this really will impact on my life, I’ll update you for sure!
Remember: if you try one of my recipes, tag me on Instagram or send the photos to email@example.com
NOTE: This post contains affiliate links which means I make a commission off of the links below with no additional cost to you.
WHITE BEANS HUMMUS
- 250 gr White beans (cooked) - I've used Cannellini
- 5 gr Extra virgin olive oil
- 5/10 gr Lemon juice
- a pinch Salt
- a pinch Pepper
- a pinch Oregano
- a few Cumin seeds
- 10 gr Sun-dried tomatoes
- Carrot chips
- First soak your sun-dried tomatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add your white beans, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin seeds and tomatoes to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- If still too thick, add water.
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes and carrot chips.
To make the carrot chips:
- Clean the carrots and slice them paper-thin using a mandolin slicer.
- Toss with oil and salt, then bake them for approximately 30 minutes at 200°C/400°F.
- The small pieces may be done sooner than the bigger ones. So remove the thinner ones and allow the bigger ones to cook completely.