In this post you find the recipe for this amazing lime raw vegan cheesecake.
I will start by saying that – well, you probably know it already – I’m neither American nor Mexican. The celebration of Cinco de Mayo is just an excuse for me to make some delicious Mexican food. And I wouldn’t even say I’m an expert in the field since, when me and my man go out eating, we prefer (actually, looove) Japanese (and sometimes Chinese)! I am obviously a big PROUD fan of Italian cuisine, but I definitely don’t turn my nose up at other cuisines.
What should I do for this Cinco de mayo…?
As a food blogger I should always be up-to-date on festivities and celebrations (but they’re sooo many, not to mention world pasta day, world whatever day…!)
Why? Well, because people in these occasions love to cook for their friends and family and I have to create content, right? So, celebrations gives ideas to me and to people (and let’s be honest, if a thing is trending, it brings you traffic).
So, just a few days ago I asked myself What should I do?. I wanted to make something Margarita-flavored. And this came out.
A lime raw vegan cheesecake
What?! Yeah, you read it right. A Margarita inspired cheesecake. Best thing is: it doesn’t involve any alcohol or animal-derived ingredients!
The filling is a delicious and creamy cashews cream flavored with lime juice (and a drizzle of orange!). Super simple, it takes 3 minutes to make and it’s the perfect after lunch dessert for Cinco de Mayo!
The crust, no dates involved!
First of all let me say I love dates (Medjoul are my favorite!). But oh man, if you know what I am talking about, well every SINGLE vegan cheesecake crust on the web involves dates…and nuts. Not this! I didn’t have dates and I wanted to develop a recipe at all costs. I combined 6 ingredients and guess what? It turned out amazing! You can take this and use it with any other vegan cheesecake flavor! Oh, I think that soon I’m going to make cheesecake ice cream with this amaaaazing crust! Can be an idea uh?
For now, enjoy this!
Lime raw vegan cheesecake
- 50 gr Oat flakes
- 25 gr Coconut oil - melted
- 30 gr Toasted and ground shredded coconut
- A pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure cane sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 80 gr Cashews - Soak them for 3/4 hours.
- Juice from one lime
- 20 gr Melted coconut oil
- 10 gr Orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Pure cane sugar
- 60 gr Water
- Soak the cashews for 3/4 hours.
To make the crust:
- Slightly toast your shredded coconut to make it golden brown, then grind it. Set aside.
- Pulse the oats until they reach a powdery consistency.
- Melt the coconut butter. In a bowl, mix it with the oat flour, the coconut,a pinch of salt, the zest of one lemon and a teaspoon of sugar.
- Line a 15 x 8 centimeters rectangular mould with parchment paper, spread the mixture into the pan and press it to arrange. Freeze it for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, make the filling:
- Blend all the ingredients with a high speed powerful food processor until you get a nice and creamy consistency.
- Pour it into the mould and freeze for at least 3 hours.Decorate with lime zest or reduced lime juice (should become syrupy)
- For serving: let it stay at the room temperature until it can be cut easily.