I can’t get enough of oatmeal. It’s definitely my go-to breakfast! So here I am with a coffee oatmeal recipe…with coconut milk…VEGAN. Yep, I know..a dream!
Maybe I already told you: I am sorry that I always upload the pictures first and then you have to wait for the recipe.
This happens because everything I do on Instagram is live, but of course I will upload the recipes if they are well appreciated 🙂
By the way, I don’t know if you remember my coffee-addiction! Do you?
One morning I woke up and thought about mixing oatmeal and coffee… the result was a coffee porridge, a coffee oatmeal!
Do you fancy this idea?
As always, the recipe is really a basic one. If you want to give it an extra touch, you can also add some chocolate here!
I used coconut milk, which I had already open in my fridge.
I tried several brands, and I recently discovered the one made by Matt, which is literally driving me crazy as you can taste coconut but not that intensively. It’s really mild and dedicate, and the list of the ingredients isn’t bad as well, plus it is also a bio product!
It contains: water, coconut milk (8%), cane sugar, sunflower lecithin, sea salt, natural flavouring.
Coffee oatmeal with a twist
- 60 gr Small-sized oatmeal flakes
- 60 gr Water
- 120 gr Coconut milk
- 1 small cup Espresso coffee
- few teaspoons Coconut cream
- Allow oat flakes, water and coconut milk to simmer. Bring to a boil and cook for 5/8 minutes.
- You may add coffee in two different moments: you can mix it AFTER your oatmeal is cooked, or you can cook everything together. I add coffee when my oatmeal is ready, nice and creamy.
- Add cocoa nibs and coconut whipped cream on top and enjoy your vegan coffee oatmeal!